YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
For over 50 years, Edmonton Opera has presented high quality productions thanks to the generosity of donors and sponsors who believe in the impact of opera on our community. Your support allows us to create life-changing shared experiences that resonate beyond the final note.
We offer various giving options: you may become a Friend of the Opera, join the Director’s Circle, or contribute to our long-term sustainability through the Endowment Fund.
For more information, please contact Gwen Horvath
FRIENDS OF EDMONTON OPERA
If you love opera and are committed to helping us produce spectacular artistic experiences, consider becoming a Friend of the Opera. All gifts above $50 are eligible for a charitable tax receipt, and all donations above $100 are acknowledged in our quarterly Intermezzo magazine. Friends who give $1,000 or more will be invited to an exclusive VIP event each season!
Below are the levels of giving you may choose from as a Friend of the Opera:
Donor • $50–$99
Member • $100–$249
Guardian • $250–$499
Supporter • $500–$999
Sustainer • $1,000–$1,749
Edmonton Opera’s Director's Circle recognizes our generous individual donors for their sustained annual support. As a Director's Circle member, you enjoy exclusive perks throughout the season to enhance your giving experience.
- Courtesy VIP parking at the Jubilee during performances
- Two tickets at 30% off for each mainstage production
- Acknowledgement in our quarterly Intermezzo magazine
- Exclusive VIP event (per season)
- Two tickets to the exclusive VIP lounge
- Invitation for two to each dress rehearsal and VIP reception
- Complimentary poster from our current season upon request
- Complimentary CD of a classic opera recording upon request
- All Benefactor benefits plus a tour of our newly renovated Opera Centre
Leader ($5,000 - $10,000)
- All Patron benefits plus two complimentary Opera Brunch tickets and exclusive rehearsal invitations
Edmonton Opera's mission — to produce art that resonates beyond the final note — needs the support of a permanent Endowment Fund to provide artistic flexibility and long-term stability. With assistance from generous donors like you, we have been working steadily to build these Endowment Funds, held by Edmonton Community Foundation.
Our target is Endowment Funds of at least $10 million, to enable Edmonton Opera to stage productions which will expand the company’s repertoire and audiences. The Association has several permanent endowment funds, held by the Edmonton Community Foundation, totalling $3.9 million as of Dec. 31, 2014, plus a further $80,128 endowment matching grant received in March 2016 from the Canada Cultural Investment Fund. In addition, the Edmonton Community Foundation holds a further endowment fund donated by the late Rob Hood in the sum of $477,099, from which grants are authorized by the trustees.
- Charitable gifts are tax-deductible, and endowment gifts will have a lasting impact on Edmonton Opera.
- Donors making outright gifts now can see the impact of their gift during their lifetime, and know that this gift to Edmonton Opera’s endowment will provide support year after year, forever.
- Donors can establish their own named fund at ECF for Edmonton Opera.
- In-kind gifts of appreciated securities or stock options are free from capital gains tax, and such gifts are tax-deductible as well.
A message from Francis Price, Chair of the Edmonton Opera Endowment Committee:
"We must keep building the Endowment Funds each year to achieve our long-term goal of added artistic flexibility and stability for Edmonton Opera. We have great momentum on this project, so we should all give ourselves an enthusiastic “pat on the back” and keep this momentum going. Your generosity is creating a perpetual legacy that will inspire others to join in our efforts on behalf of Edmonton Opera. Thank you for your leadership.
So please make a donation to the Endowment Funds at Edmonton Opera. To make your gift immediately by credit card, please contact the box office at 780.429.1000, and for further information please contact Gwen Horvath, Director of Fund Development, at 780.288.2510, or firstname.lastname@example.org."