The Edmonton Opera is a performing arts organization with a 48 year history in Edmonton and has an equally well established volunteer program. As our organization grows and expands its presence in the community, we require the next generation of volunteers to help with our fundraising events. Our events range from golf tournaments and garden parties to fashion shows and high end galas, which all requires the support from volunteers to ensure a smooth execution from start to finish. Volunteer positions include Front of House duties such as bartending, serving/busing, greeting and hosting as well as silent auction duties . While there will be staff present, candidates will be required to work with limited supervision. Applicants should have basic knowledge of the Edmonton Opera and will be subject to a dress code.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with set up and tear down of event
- Bus tables as required
- Greet and direct guests
- Monitor silent auction tables
- Act as a representative for the Edmonton Opera
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Able to stand for 3 hours or more
- Proserve considered an asset
- Knowledgeable of the Edmonton Opera
Events each take place on a designated night and shifts will be 6 hours or more. Applicants must be available for the entire event.
For more information please email email@example.com