* Resources for Long-term Stability *
Edmonton Opera's mission — to produce consistently first-rate opera productions — needs the support of a permanent Endowment Fund to provide artistic flexibility and long-term stability. With assistance from generous donors like you, we have been working steadily to build these Endowment Funds, held by Edmonton Community Foundation.
Our target is Endowment Funds of at least $10 million, to enable Edmonton Opera to stage productions which will expand the company’s repertoire and audiences. The Association has several permanent endowment funds, held by the Edmonton Community Foundation, totalling $3.9 million as of Dec. 31, 2014, plus a further $80,128 endowment matching grant received in March 2016 from the Canada Cultural Investment Fund. In addition, the Edmonton Community Foundation holds a further endowment fund donated by the late Rob Hood in the sum of $477,099, from which grants are authorized by the trustees.
- Charitable gifts are tax-deductible, and endowment gifts will have a lasting impact on Edmonton Opera.
- Donors making outright gifts now can see the impact of their gift during their lifetime, and know that this gift to Edmonton Opera’s endowment will provide support year after year, forever.
- Donors can establish their own named fund at ECF for Edmonton Opera.
- In-kind gifts of appreciated securities or stock options are free from capital gains tax, and such gifts are tax-deductible as well.
We must keep building the Endowment Funds each year to achieve our long-term goal of added artistic flexibility and stability for Edmonton Opera. We have great momentum on this project, so we should all give ourselves an enthusiastic “pat on the back” and keep this momentum going. Your generosity is creating a perpetual legacy that will inspire others to join in our efforts on behalf of Edmonton Opera. Thank you for your leadership.
So please make a donation to the Endowment Funds at Edmonton Opera. To make your gift immediately by credit card, please contact the box office at 780.429.1000, and for further information please contact Gwen Horvath, Director of Fund Development, at 780.392.7837, or email@example.com.
Thank you from all of us,
Chair, Edmonton Opera Endowment Funds Committee