Edmonton Opera (EOA) has the following summer position available: Production Assistant. This position reports to EOA’s Assistant Technical Director and may work under the supervision of EOA’s Head Scenic Carpenter, Head Properties, Head Wardrobe.
This is an hourly position which guarantees 35 hours per week.
The applicant must be a student of a technical theatre program currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
The hourly wage is $14.00/hour.
The duties of this position will not interfere with the scope of the I.A.T.S.E. Local 210 agreement.
It is strongly suggested this person have a vehicle and EOA will reimburse for KM’s as per the Employee Vehicle usage policy.
This position will be based out of EOA’s Production Facility, 15230-128Ave.
Starting date would be on or around June 3rd 2013 and will end at the end of August 2013.
Duties and typical tasks
- Facility Maintenance as required.
- Painting and repair work as required
- Organizing hardware under direction.
- Possible need to draft – AutoCAD preferred.
- Physical labour
- Assist in the set-up and operation of special events.
- Shipping and receiving general duties
- Light paperwork
- Assist the Technical Director in costing and preparation of main stage set-build of SALOME
- Assist the Assistant Technical Director in sourcing materials required for set-build.
- Assist in facility rentals as needed
- Other duties as required.
To apply for this position please mail, email or fax your resume and any other pertinent information to Edmonton Opera Attn: Jeff McAlpine.
ATTN: Jeff McAlpine
Edmonton, AB T5V 1A8
Fax to: 780-429-0600 ATTN: Jeff McAlpine (please include a cover page)
For further information on this opportunity please contact Jeff McAlpine, 780-392-8713
Deadline for applications is 4:30pm Tuesday May 28th, 2013..
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted and should be available for interviews on May 29th and 30th 2013.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.